Tuesday, December 4, 2007

decorations and bits

Christmas is a time when families and friends get together to enjoy a meal, a few drinks and a good laugh, it doesn't matter if your sitting down to a sandwich instead of the traditional roast dinner or seafood meal, it's the people your with that make it. I love making the house christmasie, each year I create a theme on the tree, it's been pink and silver, purple and silver, but this year I've done it in red and gold, I think it looks like those huge decorated ones you see in the major stores. I've got my singing bears on the dresser, my christmas quilt (finished intime) hanging on the wall, hanging santa in my dining room and bits and bobs everywhere..while I was doing all this over the weekend I had Christmas carols playing on the stereo just to create the ambiance .... IT REALLY IS CHRISTMAS.
On a quilty note, I don't think I'll get to finish Paul's quilt intime for Christmas, so I will give it to him but I'll have to take it back so I can finish it. He became a grandfather just a few weeks ago and asked me if I could make him a baby quilt so he can give it to her as a christmas gift but I've been too busy trying to complete his but I feel guilty about not doing it as he didn't hesitate when I asked him if he could make me a quilt stand so I hope when he see's the one I've made him he will understand why I couldn't make the baby one.
I will post pictures of my decorations and quilt stand as soon as I upload them.
Thats it from me for another day........tada.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'm sure Paul will understand. Waiting to see pics of your chrissy decs.

these a few of my favourite pics

9 patch star quilt

9 patch star quilt
This is a quilt as you go 12 inch blocks

Davids Quilt.

Davids Quilt.
Passionate Fisherman

sampler quilt

sampler quilt
This is the sampler quilt I made at Patchwork Class which I attended with My Friend Jackie, I gave this to my Dear Mum for Christmas 2006.

Dam Steps - Maroondah Dam

Dam Steps - Maroondah Dam

Locks Well - South Australia

Locks Well - South Australia
On the York Peninsula Coast is a little place called Elliston, this is part of the coastline "Locks Well" a popular fishing spot.

My little Boy.

My little Boy.
My Cosgrove, maltese/shitzu with a little bit of poodle.

About Me

My photo
Melbourne, Australia
What is there to tell about me? nothing special ! I'm just me, but if you follow my blog you may find some things about who I am and the things I enjoy. If you do come into my little blog please leave a little note just so I know who has paid me a visit, remember you don't need a blog to leave messages. Enjoy your visit on my little space on the web.

My Blog List


Quilting Bloggers Logo


Neo Counter

   

clock